Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Reflection

This one whole semester of being engaged in IPD has helped me quite a lot in analyzing text and layouts in everyday life. There is not once that when I picked up a newspaper or magazine, I do not stop to realize and analise how the design is in appropriate, or that the heading is too much to the side.

Reading Walsh and Kress &Luuewen rally helped me in many ways with my assignments, as many of my posts and assignments regarding IPD are cited from them. Apart from that, there are other facts in the books especially interpretation, on how different individuals interpret text and pictures differently.

For this four months, it has been a great joy being exposed to so many technical theories and although occasionally it can be quite tedious, nonetheless it was very factual and interesting to be much more knowledgeable towards Multimodal Discourse and Semiotics.



(150 words)

Reference
1.Kress G. & Leeuwen T.V 2001, Multimodal Discourse, Arnold, United States of America.

2. Walsh M. 2006, The textual Shift: Examining the reading process with print,visual and
multimodal text,Vol.29,No1,2006,pp.24-37

No comments:

Post a Comment